Monday, March 12, 2007

Spring

Spring is in the air. On Saturday march 10th, I met seven Colorado boaters for a run on the Upper Box in New Mexico. It was flowing around 500 cfs and it felt like Spring, the wind was blowing and we were all coming off the couch. Time to shake the rust. It was a great warm up run for start of the season. I took a few shots for ya all. Sorry about the haphazard quality but all I had was my point and shoot and it was cold.
The crew was Evan, Mike, Pete, Leigf?, Trevor, Junior, Randy and myself.

Driving from my casa to the putin

COLD

Gonna try out the new Mega Rocker

Rocks at Hell Hole

Scouting Hell Hole

Pete getting the boof on

In the eddy

Leigf? Hell Hole

Pleasure Plunge

Pleasure Plunge

Looking at Big Arsenic

Evan running the hero line, nasty sieves river right if ya mess up

The run out

Dotcom all happy

Randy about to go near the sieves

Got the last chance pull out eddy

Dry land

Leigf running the left side of Big A

Buried

Photo taken after having a heart attack during the hike out

It was a awesome day. I will post a review of the Mega Rocker soon.
PS, the hike out is way better than the paddle out.
Adios, Atom...

No comments: